Whether they are young or old, hungry or addicted, homeless or friendless, Catholic Charities sees the face of God in those in need. By providing food, clothing, shelter and counseling, we bring hope to the hopeless in the city of Chicago and its suburbs.
Catholic Charities: All about help and just about everywhere. Catholic Charities is in your neighborhood. With more than 162 programs at 157 locations across Cook and Lake counties, we help people of all races and religions move toward empowerment and self-sufficiency. Last year we touched the lives of more than 1 million parents, children, seniors and individuals, helping them through hard times.
Only 8 cents of every dollar donated goes toward our administrative expenses; the rest goes directly to help clients. While Catholic Charities raises funds separately from the Archdiocese of Chicago, we serve as the social service arm of the church. When clients seek help from Catholic Charities– whether for emergency assistance or for another type of help–they enter into a network with services that range from counseling to job training to immunization linkage.
Here are some programs we provide for those in need:
- Adoption/post-adoption services
- Counseling and therapy
- Daycare for low-income families
- Elder abuse investigation
- Family shelters
- Food and clothing pantries
- Health fairs for low-income communities
- Help for domestic violence victims
- HIV/AIDS counseling
- Home care and day services for seniors
- Immigration and Refugee assistance
- Job training
- Nutrition for low-income elderly, mothers and children
- Senior housing and senior community centers
- Substance abuse counseling and prevention
- Summer programs for teens in at-risk neighborhoods
- Support for families and friends of suicide victims
- Teen parenting assistance
Catholic Charities fulfills the Church's role in the mission of charity to anyone in need by providing compassionate, competent and professional services that strengthen and support individuals, families and communities based on the value and dignity of human life.
At Catholic Charities, we try to ensure the security of all of our electronic communications such as email and our web sites. If you receive any email that appears to be fraudulent, or feel our web site has been compromised in any way, please contact us immediately at CC_Fraud_Reporting@catholiccharities.net and we will investigate this activity. Never release any personal or financial information via electronic communication unless you are certain it is secure, such as through our secure online donation page.