1244 E. 93rd
Chicago, IL 60619
TTY (312) 948-6992
Download a fact sheet for Saint Ailbe Faith Apartments
St. Ailbe Faith & Love Apartments is a senior citizen housing-only facility that is located on the south side of Chicago. St. Ailbe Apartments consists of two buildings with seventy-six (76) one-bedroom units serviced by two elevators. Community space consists of a library, exercise room, laundry facilities, mailbox lobby, administrative offices, public restrooms, a resident service area, beauty/barber salon, pool table, community room equipped with cable TV. Sponsored by Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago, St. Ailbe Faith Apartments has been financed through the Section 202 program of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The facility is operated by Catholic Charities Housing Development Corporation. Property is completely smoke-free as of April 1, 2012, common areas and resident units.
St. Ailbe Apartments is specially designed for senior citizens who meet the following requirements:
- Households of which the head or the spouse is at least 62 years of age or older.
- All residents must be able to fulfill the lease requirements by themselves or with whatever assistance they can provide privately.
- Households who verify that they meet the income requirements as determined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Income Limits as of 12/2011: 1 person $26,550 - 2 persons $30,350
- Maximum household size: One bedroom units - 2 persons
- Applicants must provide information regarding income, assets and expenses.
- Applicants must be present for an in-person interview at the property.
- Applicants must meet screening criteria stated in the Tenant Section Plan which includes screening for credit and criminal history and landlord reference check.
All rents will be subsidized under a rental assistance program. Eligible households will pay no more than 30% of their adjusted gross income for rent and utilities, excluding telephone. Certain deductions are made for elderly status for the household head and allowable medical expenses. Income and expenses will be verified for eligibility and rent. After initial occupancy, income will be recertified on an annual basis. (Changes in income larger than $200/month must be reported for rent interim recalculation.)
Eligibility for residency at Saint Ailbe Faith Apartments is not based on race, sex color, religion, national origin, marital status, familial status or disability. Affordable Housing Sponsored by Catholic Charities.