5th Avenue and Roosevelt Road
Hines, IL 60141
TTY (312) 948-6992
Download a fact sheet for Bishop Goedert Residence
Bishop Goedert Residence is a senior citizen housing-only facility which is located in Hines, IL. It consists of 70 one-bedroom units. All units consist of a living/ dining area, kitchen with appliances, bedroom, bathroom and closets. Carpeting, blinds and air conditioners are provided. Community space consists of a library, laundry facilities, mailbox lobby, public restrooms, offices, a media room, barber/beauty shop and a community room with a kitchen. Bishop Goedert Residence is sponsored by Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago and is financed under the Section 202 Supportive Housing for the Elderly Program of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. It is operated by the Catholic Charities Housing Development Corporation. Property is completely smoke-free as of April 1, 2012, common areas and resident units.
Bishop Goedert Residence is designed for senior citizens who meet the following requirements (*preference is given to veterans):
- Households of which the head or the spouse is at least 62 years of age or older.
- All residents must be able to fulfill the lease requirement by themselves or with whatever assistance they can provide privately.
- Households who verify that they meet the income requirements as determined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Income Limits as of 12/2011: 1 person $26,550 - 2 persons $30,350
- Maximum household size: One bedroom units – 2 persons
- Applicants must provide information regarding income, assets and expenses.
- Applicants must be present for an in-person interview at the property.
- Applicants are required to sign releases for 3rd party verification of information.
- Applicants must meet all screening criteria stated in Tenant Selection Plan which includes screening for credit and criminal history and landlord reference check.
All rents are subsidized under a rental assistance program. Eligible households pay no more than 30% of their adjusted gross income for rent and utilities, excluding telephone. Certain deductions are made for elderly status for the household head and allowable medical expenses. After initial occupancy, income will be recertified on an annual basis. (Changes in income larger than $200/month must be reported for rent recalculation.)
Eligibility for residency at Bishop Goedert Residence is not based on race, sex color, religion, national origin, marital status, familial status or disability. Affordable Housing Sponsored by Catholic Charities.