1. Writes and implements comprehensive annual plans for the Neighbors in Need, Year-End and Mother’s Day appeals and the monthly giving program, including goals for upgrading current donors, restarting lapsed and acquiring new donors.
2. Develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates the direct mail process; which includes writing of appeal materials, segmenting and exporting mailing lists, renting mailing lists, overseeing the mailings, and analyzing the returns.
3. Develops personalized strategies and multi-channel communications to increase giving to all appeals including Board of Directors giving.
4. Engages with Archdiocesan parishes, pastors, Parish Outreach Committee, and Catholic Charities region directors to promote the Mother’s Day collection for Catholic Charities. This includes creating materials, following up with each parish after Mother’s Day and preparing reports on parish giving.
5. Provides appropriate stewardship to all appeal and monthly donors, including gift acknowledgments, individual donor reports and recognition.
6. Provides leadership and direction to grow the annual fund program, upgrade the donor base and build a prospect program for individual gift cultivation.
7. Collaborates with the MIS department to maintain and manage donor/prospect base to develop effective strategies for timely, accurate and effective mailings, gift analysis and reporting.
8. Coordinates annual donor thank you luncheon.
9. Produces monthly giving reports for the annual fund program and analyzes fundraising giving patterns and trends.
10. Maintains effective and open communication with donors, funders, board members, volunteers, parish staff, pastors and Catholic Charities staff.
Hours: Full Time
Work Location: 721 N. LaSalle, Chicago, IL. 60654
Preferred Requirements: Bachelor’s degree. Four to five years of experience in fund raising, preferably Annual Fund or Individual Giving program. Proficiency with Raiser's Edge, Microsoft Office and social media.
Minimum Requirements: Associate’s degree. 3 years of experience in fundraising. Proficiency with fundraising software.
Other Requirements: Excellent verbal, written and administrative skills. Highly organized, detail-oriented and dependable through adherence to time lines, deadlines and schedules. Adaptability and flexibility in fast paced development office, able to multi-task and handle priorities simultaneously. Initiative and willingness to take on new projects. Needs a car or reliable access to a car.